Many claims that an alkaline diet is key to health. Find out what it is and the benefits of monitoring the acidity and alkalinity of the food you eat. In our body, the pH of the blood needs to be kept slightly alkaline for us to be healthy. When we eat many acid-forming foods, our body works to bring the pH back into balance, releasing minerals high in alkalinity (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus) into our bloodstream.
ALKALINE DIET: ACIDIC VS ALKALINE FOODS
After digestion, food gives the body a condition of acidity or alkalinity, depending on its nutritional content. Food provides micro and macro nutrients essential for health, balancing the
Suppose we don’t eat enough alkalinity-building foods. In that case, our bodies have to use these minerals from our bones, teeth, and organs, which can severely affect the immune system, cause fatigue, and make us vulnerable to viruses and diseases. Hence, it is necessary to take a balanced alkaline diet.
Doctors are inclined to consume 60-80% alkaline-forming foods and 20-40% acid-forming foods.
Alkaline includes most fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts, seeds, and herbal teas.
Most acidic foods are grains, beans or legumes, meats, dairy, fats, processed foods, and sugars.
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BODY WHEN IT LACKS ALKALINE FOODS?
When an acid imbalance (acidosis) forms :
● Lowers the immune system’s ability to fight and eliminate cancer cells.
● Low energy production of cells.
● It limits the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients and minerals.
● Lowers the power of the body to repair damaged cells.
● You are more vulnerable to illness.
HOW DOES PH INFLUENCE THE ALKALINE DIET?
A scale measures the acidity or alkalinity, ranging from 0 to 14 (7.0 is neutral, higher is acidic, and less is alkaline). Doctors say that it is best to stay in a slightly alkaline range between 7.35 and 7.45 when they are below or above, and symptoms and diseases appear.
What can we do? Balance our diet and make sure we consume alkaline foods that compensate for excessive acidity in the body.
WHAT TO EAT ON THE ALKALINE DIET?
● It prefers seeds like almonds, flax seeds, and pumpkins, which are healthy and alkaline.
Limit your consumption of peanuts and walnuts: they have high acidity levels and can cause you excess damage.
● Do you love sweet? Go for fresh fruits and dark chocolate: they are alkaline foods.
● Vegetables like beets, broccoli, carrots, celery, eggplant, mushrooms, and tomatoes are good to eat.
● Enjoy fresh and natural fruit juices, teas and herbal teas, and vegetable juices, and drink plenty of water.
● Multivitamins help balance the pH of your mouth; consume them in moderation.
BENEFITS OF AN ALKALINE DIET
1. By switching to an alkaline diet, you may notice that you have more energy and that chronic yeast infections (such as vaginal infections) begin to disappear.
2. An alkaline diet can be especially beneficial in enhancing the effectiveness of certain types of chemotherapy.
3. This type of diet cares for and improves the appearance of the teeth. For this, a 75% alkaline and 25% acidic diet is required.